Wasim Akram shows concern over rising number of diabetic patients in Pakistan
He said more than one-quarter of Pakistan’s population is diabetic.
“It’s very concerning that diabetes affects more than one quarter of the whole population of Pakistan,” he tweeted.
Akram urged people to prevent it through diet and exercise. “We as a nation need to be more aware of what we are putting into our bodies and how we can prevent diabetes through diet & exercise. The time is now,” he wrote.
Here is the post:
It’s very concerning that diabetes effects more than one quarter of the whole population of Pakistan. We as a nation need to be more aware of what we are putting into our bodies and how we can prevent diabetes through diet & exercise. The time is now #WorldDiabetesDay @WDD— Wasim Akram (@wasimakramlive) November 14, 2019
Akram, 36, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 30. He is active in raising awareness about diabetes and its prevention.
According to a report issued by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), Pakistan is now among the top 10 countries in the world for an absolute increase in diabetes prevalence. Over 19 million adults in Pakistan are estimated to be living with diabetes in 2019.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- SC moved to cancel bail of Maryam Nawaz10:25 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Orange Line Metro Train's test run on Dec 1010:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019