Wasim Akram shows concern over rising number of diabetic patients in Pakistan
He said more than one-quarter of Pakistan’s population is diabetic.
“It’s very concerning that diabetes affects more than one quarter of the whole population of Pakistan,” he tweeted.
Akram urged people to prevent it through diet and exercise. “We as a nation need to be more aware of what we are putting into our bodies and how we can prevent diabetes through diet & exercise. The time is now,” he wrote.
Here is the post:
It’s very concerning that diabetes effects more than one quarter of the whole population of Pakistan. We as a nation need to be more aware of what we are putting into our bodies and how we can prevent diabetes through diet & exercise. The time is now #WorldDiabetesDay @WDD— Wasim Akram (@wasimakramlive) November 14, 2019
Akram, 36, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 30. He is active in raising awareness about diabetes and its prevention.
According to a report issued by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), Pakistan is now among the top 10 countries in the world for an absolute increase in diabetes prevalence. Over 19 million adults in Pakistan are estimated to be living with diabetes in 2019.
- Amazon Prime Day 2020 is happening on October 1309:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- HSY, Feroze Khan discuss initiatives to combat harassment on Live ...08:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Northern’s Haider Ali trends on Twitter after blasting batting in ...06:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Public holiday announced on Friday in Sindh06:11 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020