Meet the brave Pakistani woman working to end honour killings in her village
LAHORE (Staff Report) - Khalida Brohi, a girl from a small village in Balochistan, is the founder and executive director of the Sughar Empowerment Society, a nonprofit social enterprise in Pakistan dedicated towards providing tribal and rural women opportunities to grow their skills as well as learn leadership skills in an environment of growth and development.
Through Sughar, Brohi's aim over the next 10 years is to change the lives of one million women in Pakistan.
The courageous woman has been named in Newsweek magazine's 25 under 25; awarded the "Woman of Impact Award" by the Women in the World Foundation, Women Excellence Award by national Government of Pakistan; the Young Champion Award from the University of Singapore; and the Unreasonable Institute Fellowship Award. Brohi has addressed numerous global forums, and has received recognition from Oprah Winfrey, CNN correspondent Christiane Amanpour, and the former American President Bill Clinton.
- MQM founder Altaf Hussain requests Indian PM Modi for asylum, ...11:51 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Man gets life imprisonment for killing wife in Hyderabad10:29 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Read original undertakings submitted by Sharif brothers in ECL case09:54 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Pakistan lauds US commission for highlighting humanitarian crisis IOJK08:25 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Govt respects court decision allowing Nawaz to travel abroad: Firdous ...07:41 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019