Pakistan decides to deport blacklisted US citizen Mathew Barrett
Geo News on Tuesday reported that a court’s permission would also be sought for Barrett’s deportation, adding that an order from the interior ministry has been received by Federal Investigation Agency (FIA).
Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan while addressing a press conference last week had declared that while Barrett was not a spy but he would be deported from the country.
The Interior Minister acknowledged that while Barrett was blacklisted he was issued a visa by the Pakistani consulate in Houston. He added that action was being taken against the officials who had issued a visa to Matthew Barrett.
Barrett, a 33-year-old Alabama native, was deported from Pakistan in 2011 after being detained near a sensitive installation.
Earlier this month, FIA along with Islamabad Police conducted a raid at a guest house and detained Barrett who had been expelled from Pakistan in 2011 on suspicion of spying.
- Taliban delegation begins talks with Western officials, rights ...11:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Over 22,000 government officers in Pakistan are dual national: Report11:05 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- South Africa clean sweep ODI series against India10:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Turkey launching 50 new development projects in Pakistan this year10:17 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- British lawmaker claims she was removed as minister over 'Muslimness'09:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021