Pakistan decides to deport blacklisted US citizen Mathew Barrett
Geo News on Tuesday reported that a court’s permission would also be sought for Barrett’s deportation, adding that an order from the interior ministry has been received by Federal Investigation Agency (FIA).
Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan while addressing a press conference last week had declared that while Barrett was not a spy but he would be deported from the country.
The Interior Minister acknowledged that while Barrett was blacklisted he was issued a visa by the Pakistani consulate in Houston. He added that action was being taken against the officials who had issued a visa to Matthew Barrett.
Barrett, a 33-year-old Alabama native, was deported from Pakistan in 2011 after being detained near a sensitive installation.
Earlier this month, FIA along with Islamabad Police conducted a raid at a guest house and detained Barrett who had been expelled from Pakistan in 2011 on suspicion of spying.
- LIVE: Imran Khan arrives in Islamabad to address participants in ...02:15 AM | 26 May, 2022
- IMF tells Pakistan to remove petroleum subsidies for revival of loan ...11:35 PM | 25 May, 2022
- All educational institutions to remain closed in Rawalpindi tomorrow09:28 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports fourth polio case of 202208:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- HSA, UNFPA mark Int'l day of Midwife 2022 and day to end Obstetric ...08:14 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022