Apple to build first technology development centre in India
The centre will occupy 250,000 square feet in Hyderabad's IT corridor in the Tishman Speyer WaveRock facility, Times of India reported.
The facility is expected to open in June and is expected to be fully operational by the end of this year, according to a report on the Hindustantimes website.
India has recently been touted as a 'bright spot' in the market for iPhones, as Apple forecast its first revenue drop in 13 years on the back of cooling China sales.
Sales of the company's flagship smartphone climbed 76 per cent in India from the year-ago quarter, Apple Chief Financial Officer Luca Maestri earlier said.
- 'PTI worker' hurls shoe at PML-N's Ahsan Iqbal (VIDEO)01:10 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- ECP to hear Ali Gillani’s leaked video matter on Thursday01:03 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- PCB mulls options to outsource biosecure bubble for remaining PSL6 ...12:43 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Shalwar kameez only on campus, Peshawar university instructs female ...12:24 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- LIVE: PM Imran secures vote of confidence in NA session11:50 AM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Adele and Simon Konecki finalise their divorce after two years09:13 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' – Indian actor accused of sexual assault04:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Feroze Khan wins Best Actor award for Ishqiya03:03 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021