Illegal Markhor trophy seized from Islamabad cafe
ISLAMABAD – Islamabad Wildlife Management board (IWMB) Thursday seized an illegal Kashmir Markhor trophy from a local restaurant in F-7 sector of the federal capital.
Assistant Director IWMB Muhammad Faheem Changwani said that the Board received information from its sources that an illegal markhor trophy was displayed in a local cafe. However, on the directions of manager operations, an IWMB team under his supervision raided on the spot to ascertain the veracity of its possession, he added.
He said on investigation from the restaurant management, no license of the trophy was produced by them whereas the IWMB team consequently confiscated the markhor trophy. The hotel management told that the trophy belonged to person namely Khalid who was the proprietor of the restaurant and claimed that he received it as a gift from someone.
American man hunts Markhor in Chitral after ... 02:23 PM | 13 Jan, 2019
CHITRAL – A hunter from USA, who had arrived in Pakistan through a helicopter for hunting Markhor in the limits of ...
According to the Islamabad Wildlife Ordinance 1979 and its Wildlife rules of 1983 a fine of Rs 1,000 maximum and one year imprisonment could be imposed on the violators where the legislation should be revised to curb the illegal hunting and trade of endangered species, he added.
No first information report was lodged against the violator as the restaurant owner claimed to pursue the matter to fulfill all legal requirements on violation, he added.
He said as many as 12 licenses per year were issued by the respective authorities for Markhor hunting where last year a single license was sold for Rs 10.07million. "The trophy would be kept as a state property in the office of IWMB," he added.
- Pakistan addressing impacts of climate change, says PM Imran08:39 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Iran urges Saudi Arabia to work together to resolve problems10:09 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- PIA detected 466 fake degree-holders in last 5 years09:45 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan on right track after tackling inherited economic woes, says ...08:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Naming Babar Azam as captain, PCB announces squad for T20 matches ...08:14 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019