Inter-city bus, online taxi services to resume in Punjab from Monday
LAHORE - The Punjab government has decided to start inter-city bus and online taxi services for the general public in the province from Monday.
During a meeting, held in the chair of Chief Minister Usman Buzdar, the bus fares will also be reduced by 20%.
CM Buzdar said that the decision to resume public transport and reduced bus fares was taken to help people who are facing a bad economic situation because of COVID-19.
Opening of automobiles, power looms and mobile phone industries in the province were also approved. However, they will be told to follow the government’s SOPs and ensure a healthy environment for their workers.
The virus has so far claimed 855 lives in the country and the total number of cases in Pakistan has jumped to 39,495, according to provincial health authorities.
- NASA, SpaceX launch astronauts to orbit from America in historic test ...06:59 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another doctor succumbs to coronavirus in Khyber Pakhktunkhwa06:47 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another Pakistani lawmaker tests positive for coronavirus06:43 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan, WB to ink $188 mln disaster resilience pact06:39 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Indian siege of Occupied Kashmir completes 300 days06:10 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020