Pakistan marks 69th death anniversary of Liaquat Ali Khan today
LAHORE - The 69th death anniversary of Pakistan's first Prime Minister Shaheed-i-Millat Liaquat Ali Khan is being observed across the country today (Friday).
Born in Karnal‚ East Punjab, Liaquat Ali Khan got education from Aligarh Muslim University, India and Oxford University, United Kingdom.
He then struggled with Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah to get a separate homeland for Muslims of sub-continent.
Liaquat Ali Khan was assassinated this day in 1951 during a public meeting at Company Bagh in Rawalpindi which was later named after him as Liaquat Bagh.
Liaqat Ali Khan was buried at Mazar-e-Quaid compound in Karachi.
- ‘Samsung AI Forum 2020’ explores future of Artificial ...10:04 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Bank AL Habib declares Rs13.13 billion profit after tax09:48 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Woman gang-raped for ten days after lured to higher labour wages in ...09:36 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Planning ministry terms report of giving immunity to CPEC Authority ...09:00 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan approaches Twitter against spread of untrue stories08:30 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- 'Parwaz Hai Junoon' to commercially release in China in November01:36 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Maya Ali and Emmad Irfani to star in Shoaib Mansoor's upcoming film12:37 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Usman Mukhtar's ‘Bench’ screened at Cannes International ...12:07 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran and CM Buzdar irked over CCPO leaked call controversy02:51 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Twitter showed Jammu and Kashmir as part of China01:47 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- No, there is no 'Civil War' in Karachi; Indian fake news on Pakistan ...01:07 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
- Shehbaz Sharif 'be provided mattress, chair and home cooked food in ...11:59 AM | 22 Oct, 2020