Peshawar High Court bars NAB to arrest Captain (r) Safdar
PESHAWAR – The Peshawar High Court has approved the pre-arrest bail for Captain (r) Safdar Awan in the assets beyond means case, barring the National Accountability Bureau to arrest the son-in-law of former premier Nawaz Sharif.
Seeking the arrest, the anti-corruption watchdog had claimed about more assets than could be accrued through his known sources of income.
Safdar, 56 had approached the High court seeking pre-arrest bail. "NAB will arrest me in the case even when I am cooperating with the bureau in investigations," the PML-N leader said before granted bail by the court.
- Punjab sets Rs 40 as fare for Orange Line Metro Train02:01 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- US remove Sudan from State Sponsors of Terrorism list01:24 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Hailey Baldwin got a new ring finger tattoo for Justin Bieber12:47 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- #PolishedMan: Celebs participate in promoting a safe environment for ...10:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran Khan enjoyed PDM’s rallies, says Faisal Javed01:12 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Supreme Court structures commission to look after Bahria Town funds11:27 AM | 20 Oct, 2020
- FIR lodged against PDM‘s Gujranwala organisers10:26 AM | 20 Oct, 2020