Police raid residence of MQM's Khawaja Izharul Hassan
According to the MQM lawmaker, who also happens to be Leader of the Opposition in the Sindh Assembly, the personnel didn’t make any arrest or seized any stuff, however, harassed the women present at the house.
"The police officials told the family members that they were from Counter Terrorism Department (CTD), at which they were told that I am not at home," he said, while adding that the officials still insisted for a search.
He said he was present inside the Sindh Assembly building at the time of the raid. "The police did not tell any reason for the raid," he told newsmen.
Meanwhile, taking serious notice of the raid, Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah asked IGP Allah Dino Khawaja to take action against the officials involved in the raid.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) district Central said that police of his zone didn’t raid the residence of the MQM leader. He said the SHO of the Sohrab Koth police station, where the residence of Khawaja Izharul Hassan is located, has been suspended.
- Punjab to launch crackdown on religious hate literature11:38 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Govt to issue Sukuk bonds against Islamabad’s Fatima Jinnah Park: ...10:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Sana Fakhar responds to social media backlash after bold pics with ...09:28 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Saudi Arabia, Morocco to receive ‘made in India’ Covid vaccine ...08:36 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Urdu Mushaira held against #CannoliOwners outside Islamabad café07:51 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Meera reveals the date of her wedding; who is she marrying?05:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021