At least 28 dead as 7.8 magnitude quake hits Ecuador
According to United States Geological Survey, the epicentre of quake was found to be at a depth of 19.2km, about 27km from Muisne - a coastal town of Ecuador. At least 36 aftershocks were also recorded in the affected areas.
Following the earthquake a statement of emergency has been invoked in country's Esmeraldas, Los Rios, Manabi, Santa Elena, Guayas, and Santo Domingo provinces, while national guards have been mobilised for rescue operation.
Talking to newsmen, Ecuador Vice-President Jorge Glas said that around 16 people have dies in the city of Portoviejo, 10 in Manta and at least two in the province of Guayas.
World's largest social media network Facebook has also activated 'safety check' feature to help citizens to inform their loved ones about the their safety after the earthquake.
- TLP-police clashes leave another cop dead, nearly 100 others injured ...11:22 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan launches first space observatory in Islamabad10:54 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – President Alvi, PM Imran congratulate Muslims on ...10:38 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Dozen injured in Balochistan football ground blast10:15 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Alisha Gory explains how tattoos are a form of expressing your ...08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Mohammad Amir celebrates 29th birthday04:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021