India targets Balochistan on digital front by hacking culture related website
The portal (balochistanculture.gov.pk) dedicated for the promotion of Balochistan's culture was apparently hacked by a user who left his signature on the space as Dutchm@n.
'We are Indian Cyber Hero's,' wrote the hacker in colors reflective of the Indian flag.
The hackers also wrote Happy Independence Day and Jaihaind on the portal besides posting an Indian flag.
This is not the first time, Indian cyber gurus have targeted the website related to Pakistan as multiple attempts have been made in past as well.
In 2016, Indian hackers had defaced the portal of the Canteen Stores Department (CSD) of Pakistan, an entity run by the Ministry of Defense.
The following year, a group of Indian hackers allegedly hacked the website of Lahore district government as well as the website of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Right to Information (RTI) Commission.
Pakistani hackers had also taken control of India's prestigious National Security Guard (NSG) web portal.
The website 'nsg.gov.in' had been inaccessible for several hours with the message stating:
“This site can’t be reached nsg.gov.in refused to connect. Search Google for nsg gov”.
The alleged Pakistani hackers not only defaced the website but also posted a picture depicting Indian aggression in the region of Kashmir.
The cyber assault on a website related to Balochistan is of prominence as India had been carrying out subversive activities on ground as well and apparently it is trying to take control of digital space.
- PM Shehbaz condemns campaign ridiculing sacrifices of Pakistan Army ...05:04 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Mourners take out 8th Muharram processions across Pakistan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Anoushey Ashraf’s new TikTok video goes viral12:54 PM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022