Shehbaz Sharif demands parliamentary commission to probe 'worst' electoral rigging
In his first speech after losing to Imran Khan in the elections for the premiership of the country, Shehbaz Sharif decried that Pakistan witnessed the elections in which both the victorious as well as the losing candidate was protesting.
Addressing the newly elected Prime Minister, Imran Khan, the former Chief Minister Punjab, Shehbaz Sharif inquired whether the PTI government would tender resignation if rigging is proved citing that such demand was made by PTI after 2013 elections.
PM Imran Khan rules out NRO with 'dacoits', ... 06:54 PM | 17 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The recently elected Prime Minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan, clarified that there would be no ...
'Instead of form 45, results were provided on simple papers,' decried Shehbaz Sharif as he highlighted the alleged rigging in the elections.
The younger Sharif asserted that an amendment should be brought to reform the Election Act 2017.
He warned that if the questions put forth by PML-N were not answered, a movement would be launched across the country.
'No one should be left in confusion as we would not retreat on our demands,' announced Sharif.
Some scenes from the NA session today as viewed from the press gallery pic.twitter.com/yBfpZTRjgp— Asma Chaudhry (@asmaschaudhry) August 17, 2018
The PML-N chief expressed that they would not encourage people to transfer money through illegal means (hundi) or would not convince people to burn their utility bills, in a reference to the initiatives taken by PTI during the 2014 sit-in.
He highlighted that the imprisoned Nawaz Sharif had given the gift of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) to the country.
With the efforts of Nawaz Sharif, 5000 MegaWatts of electricity were added to the national grid, claimed Shehbaz Sharif.
During the speech of Shehbaz Sharif, the ruckus in the house continued with members of the opposition and treasury benches raising slogans.
Shehbaz Sharif wanted to speak further on the floor of the house, however, due to the commotion, he gave up as a protest minutes after PPP chairman, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari said: Your time is up!.
- Ali Fazal and Richa Chadha's wedding to see Hollywood celebrities in ...11:51 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Hania Aamir under fire over latest video with makeup artist11:19 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- King Salman appoints Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman as PM of Saudi ...10:58 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Nine-year-old gets bail so that he doesn't miss classes10:34 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Malala 'so grateful' to husband for holding her hand and awards09:15 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Bushra Ansari faces criticism for receiving anti-aging treatment10:07 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022