PM Imran takes notice of Raja Basharat's 'threatening' phone call
The premier sought a report from Federal Minister for Health Amir Kiyani over alleged transfer of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Haneef Abbasi’s daughter.
Moreover, Punjab Health Minister Dr Yasmeen Rashid had also taken notice of 'threatening' phone call, directing the authorities concerned to probe into the matter and present a report.
The issue relates to a phone call made by Raja Basharat to Dr Tariq Mehmood Khan Niazi in which the politician had threatened him for defying his order.
In the phone call leaked on Sunday, the minister can be heard directing the MS to transfer Dr Areeba to the skin department or he will be transferred.
On the other hand, the MS humbly cited reasons as to why the transfer was not possible under current circumstances.
Dr Areeba, daughter of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz leader Hanif Abbasi, had tendered resignation over the matter alleging that the MS had an issue with her father and was politically victimizing her.
- Four children among seven die in house fire in Muzaffargarh10:28 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan and IMF fail to strike deal once again under $6bn extended ...09:51 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:29 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily coronavirus death toll in three months09:11 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 October 202108:43 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Zarnish Khan wants trolls to stop mocking Meera's English09:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Momal Sheikh leaves fans awestruck with latest pictures03:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam’s wife Sara Bharwana’s celebrates her birthday in style09:45 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021