PM Imran takes notice of Raja Basharat's 'threatening' phone call
The premier sought a report from Federal Minister for Health Amir Kiyani over alleged transfer of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Haneef Abbasi’s daughter.
Moreover, Punjab Health Minister Dr Yasmeen Rashid had also taken notice of 'threatening' phone call, directing the authorities concerned to probe into the matter and present a report.
The issue relates to a phone call made by Raja Basharat to Dr Tariq Mehmood Khan Niazi in which the politician had threatened him for defying his order.
In the phone call leaked on Sunday, the minister can be heard directing the MS to transfer Dr Areeba to the skin department or he will be transferred.
On the other hand, the MS humbly cited reasons as to why the transfer was not possible under current circumstances.
Dr Areeba, daughter of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz leader Hanif Abbasi, had tendered resignation over the matter alleging that the MS had an issue with her father and was politically victimizing her.
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan assures Sri Lanka of justice in Sialkot incident10:55 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Babar Azam on top after smashing most 50s and 100s in 202110:28 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Indian fighter jet's tyre stolen in Lucknow09:52 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Celebrities dazzle at James Bond-themed party in Karachi04:33 PM | 4 Dec, 2021