Pervez Musharraf can never be a traitor: Pakistan Army
RAWALPINDI – Pakistan's armed forces have defended former military dictator General (r) Pervez Musharraf against his death penalty by a special court in a high treason case, the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in a statement on Tuesday.
Chief of Army Staff Qamar Javed Bajwa chaired a special conference at the General Headquarters to discuss the current political situation of the country in their conference.
The meeting followed the Pakistani courts' verdicts on Gen Bajwa's extension and former military dictator Pervez Musharraf .
In a statement, the military's media wing said that "the decision given by special court about Gen (r) Pervez Musharraf has been received with lot of pain and anguish by rank and file of Pakistan Armed Forces. An ex-Army Chief, Chairman Joint Chief of Staff Commitee and President of Pakistan, who has served the country for over 40 years, fought wars for the defense of the country can surely never be a traitor."
"The due legal process seems to have been ignored including constitution of special court, denial of fundamental right of self-defence, undertaking individual special proceedings and concluding the case in haste.
"[The] Armed Forces of Pakistan expect that justice will be dispensed in line with [the] Constitution of Islamic Republic Of Pakistan," it added.
Pakistan's ex-dictator Pervez Musharraf handed ... 12:23 PM | 17 Dec, 2019
ISLAMABAD - A special court in Islamabad has sentenced former president Pervez Musharraf to death in the high treason ...
Earlier today, a special court in Islamabad found Musharraf guilty of high treason and handed him a death sentence under Article 6 of the Constitution after six years of a lengthy trial. This is the first time in Pakistan’s history that a former army chief and ruler of the country has been sentenced to death.
Musharraf , who was sentenced to death in absentia, has been out of the country since 2016, when he was allowed to leave on bail to seek medical treatment abroad.
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates Electronic Warfare and Ground Surveillance ...06:06 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019