Sanju beats Padmaavat to become the highest grosser of 2018
Sanju has also beaten the records of previously released Padmaavat starring Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor. Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s directorial Padmaavat enjoyed its spot as the most successful movie of the year, with Rs 302.50 crore to its credit. But Ranbir’s film was able to collect Rs 316.64 crore over the weekend. It is now the 6th highest grossing Hindi movie.
The movies released along Sanju are unable to give a competition to Ranbir's movie. The only tough competition in near sight is this week’s Dhadak. But Sanju is expected to continue minting money as it has happened with Rajkumar Hirani movies in the past.
Talking about Sanju, the film brings to fore the life and times of Bollywood’s controversial actor Sanjay Dutt. His bond with his father Sunil Dutt, his many romantic affairs, brushes with the underworld, addictions and his prison time among other things have all found their way in the film.
- Three killed in explosion onboard Indian naval ship at Mumbai dockyard11:16 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Gobi's Paints 3rd U19 Junior Polo Championship: Remington JPF score ...10:42 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan increases tax on mobile phone recharge10:20 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- PM Imran condemns Houthi attacks on UAE in call with Abu Dhabi ruler09:54 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani Rupee sheds 26 paisas against dollar09:24 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Adnan Siddiqui takes a hilarious jibe at Humayun Saeed04:17 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Minal Khan and Ahsan Mohsin share stunning portrait from Kartarpur03:46 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021