Sanju beats Padmaavat to become the highest grosser of 2018
Sanju has also beaten the records of previously released Padmaavat starring Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor. Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s directorial Padmaavat enjoyed its spot as the most successful movie of the year, with Rs 302.50 crore to its credit. But Ranbir’s film was able to collect Rs 316.64 crore over the weekend. It is now the 6th highest grossing Hindi movie.
The movies released along Sanju are unable to give a competition to Ranbir's movie. The only tough competition in near sight is this week’s Dhadak. But Sanju is expected to continue minting money as it has happened with Rajkumar Hirani movies in the past.
Talking about Sanju, the film brings to fore the life and times of Bollywood’s controversial actor Sanjay Dutt. His bond with his father Sunil Dutt, his many romantic affairs, brushes with the underworld, addictions and his prison time among other things have all found their way in the film.
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021