Pakistan Stock Exchange records biggest weekly gain in 3 years
As per details, nearly three years after Pakistan stock market was included in MSCI´s key benchmark earlier last week.
The benchmark 100-share index of the Pakistan Stock Exchange ended 25.34 points, or 0.07 percent higher, at 38,776.94 points, a fresh closing high.
It gained 5 percent on the week, its best weekly gain since the first week of July 2013, when it rose 5.6%.
Pakistan´s benchmark index jumped as much as 3% in early trade on Wednesday.
Trade climbing to a record high after the country´s stock market was reclassified overnight and included in the MSCI´s emerging market index category.
"In a thinly traded session, the index staged a decent recovery today, after an initial correction of 111.60 points amid thin turnover, partly due to reduced trading hours on account of Friday," Intermarket Securities Ltd said in a statement.
There was a significant decline in market participation, with 105 million shares changing hands compared with 192 million on Thursday.
- PAKvENG: Shaun Tait’s hilarious reaction after Pakistan defeat goes ...06:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Army joins hunt for kidnappers of Pakistani businessman in Uganda05:41 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Fawad Khan plans to quit drama industry10:48 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022