Pakistan Stock Exchange records biggest weekly gain in 3 years
As per details, nearly three years after Pakistan stock market was included in MSCI´s key benchmark earlier last week.
The benchmark 100-share index of the Pakistan Stock Exchange ended 25.34 points, or 0.07 percent higher, at 38,776.94 points, a fresh closing high.
It gained 5 percent on the week, its best weekly gain since the first week of July 2013, when it rose 5.6%.
Pakistan´s benchmark index jumped as much as 3% in early trade on Wednesday.
Trade climbing to a record high after the country´s stock market was reclassified overnight and included in the MSCI´s emerging market index category.
"In a thinly traded session, the index staged a decent recovery today, after an initial correction of 111.60 points amid thin turnover, partly due to reduced trading hours on account of Friday," Intermarket Securities Ltd said in a statement.
There was a significant decline in market participation, with 105 million shares changing hands compared with 192 million on Thursday.
- Three-day sports festival kicks off in Khalti Frozan Lake today12:05 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran, singer Shehzad Roy share views on promotion of education12:00 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Shafqat Mehmood green-lights launch of Single National Curriculum ...11:38 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Woman declared dead in Pakistan comes back to life, gets up and walks ...11:19 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Lifebuoy Partners with PCB as Official Hygiene Partner for 202111:00 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021