Pakistanis celebrate Eidul Fitr in China
About 10,000 local Muslims, expatriates from Muslim countries and students from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Malaysia and Bangladesh offered the Eid ul-Fitr prayer at Niujie Mosque, the oldest and largest mosque in the Chinese capital.
Chinese Muslims celebrated the Eid-ul-fiter & Prayers in Xian city Shannxi province 🇨🇳. Eid Mubarak from 🇨🇳 Muslims to all people of around the world @zlj517 @CathayPak @ZamirAhmedAwan1 @evazhengll @CSCEC_CPEC @beltandroad1 @jongkhan1 #China #Pakistan 🕌🇨🇳🇵🇰 pic.twitter.com/l5F914sz5Y— Abdul Rehman (@AbdulMaan) June 15, 2018
“This is a very important holiday for Muslims. I have invited some other students to enjoy the lunch on this auspicious occasion,” another student studying at Peking University said.
Muslims in Beijing, the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, Gansu province, Qinghai province and other parts of the country celebrated the festival. The emphasis was on family reunions, meeting friends, enjoying meals and wearing new clothes.
China is home to about 20 million Muslims from more than 10 ethnic minorities. The largest group is the Hui minority, who largely hail from northwest China’s Ningxia Hui and Xinjiang Uygur autonomous regions.–APP
- Indian journalist arrested for ‘passing sensitive information to ...08:21 AM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Suzuki likely to unveil 9th Generation Alto this year11:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan to create tech-based farms to promote exports11:04 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020