Pakistan’s foreign minister leaves for China to discuss CPEC, bilateral relations
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi is visiting China from March 17 to 20, 2019 for first Pakistan-China Foreign Ministers' Strategic Dialogue.
Both sides shall also discuss the regional situation and cooperation at multilateral fora.
The CPEC, which connects Gwadar Port in Balochistan with China’s Xinjiang province, is the flagship project of Chinese President Xi Jinping’s ambitious Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). The $60 billion-plus economic corridor, launched in 2015, is a planned network of roads, railways and energy projects.
Prime Minister Imran Khan has said, ‘China’s development, its initiatives towards poverty alleviation and philosophy of peaceful co-existence are a great source of inspirations for Pakistan.’ 伊姆兰·汗总理表示：“中国的发展、扶贫战略和和平共处的原则让巴基斯坦备受鼓舞。— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@DrMFaisal) March 17, 2019
The foreign minister will also address Political Parties Forum on CPEC and participate in ruling parties' dialogue between PTI and CPC during the visit. He will also call on Chinese leadership to discuss the future strategy on the regional situation.
The minister's visit will add momentum to close and broad-based bilateral ties and will reinforce efforts to deepen economic engagement under CPEC.
Earlier today, while addressing a press conference in Islamabad, Qureshi said China had once again proved to be a sincere friend by supporting Pakistan at the United Nations Security Council in the recently held meeting.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020