Pakistan’s foreign minister leaves for China to discuss CPEC, bilateral relations
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi is visiting China from March 17 to 20, 2019 for first Pakistan-China Foreign Ministers' Strategic Dialogue.
Both sides shall also discuss the regional situation and cooperation at multilateral fora.
The CPEC, which connects Gwadar Port in Balochistan with China’s Xinjiang province, is the flagship project of Chinese President Xi Jinping’s ambitious Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). The $60 billion-plus economic corridor, launched in 2015, is a planned network of roads, railways and energy projects.
Prime Minister Imran Khan has said, ‘China’s development, its initiatives towards poverty alleviation and philosophy of peaceful co-existence are a great source of inspirations for Pakistan.’ 伊姆兰·汗总理表示：“中国的发展、扶贫战略和和平共处的原则让巴基斯坦备受鼓舞。— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@DrMFaisal) March 17, 2019
The foreign minister will also address Political Parties Forum on CPEC and participate in ruling parties' dialogue between PTI and CPC during the visit. He will also call on Chinese leadership to discuss the future strategy on the regional situation.
The minister's visit will add momentum to close and broad-based bilateral ties and will reinforce efforts to deepen economic engagement under CPEC.
Earlier today, while addressing a press conference in Islamabad, Qureshi said China had once again proved to be a sincere friend by supporting Pakistan at the United Nations Security Council in the recently held meeting.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019