President NBP Saeed Ahmed’s appointment challenged
Qamar Abbas, the petitioner, has pleaded the court to declare this appointment null and void.
The petitioner claimed that Saeed Ahmed’s appointment was made illegally and was based on political interests and nepotism.
The government appointed Saeed Ahmad as President of National Bank of Pakistan in March this year. He was previously serving as deputy governor of the State Bank of Pakistan.
The Ministry of Finance, earlier, issued the formal notification of appointing Saeed Ahmad as NBP president. He resigned from his post of deputy governor of State Bank which he was holding since January 21, 2014.
PTI Chairman Imran Khan in the past had levelled serious allegations against Saeed Ahmad of money laundering for Nawaz Sharif.
- Pakistan to celebrate Youm-e-Takbeer with national zeal11:17 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani mountaineer Ali Raza Sadpara passes away10:46 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Indian troops martyr three Kashmiri youth in IIOJK10:17 AM | 27 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz to announce relief package for those who can’t afford ...09:45 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:19 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022