President NBP Saeed Ahmed’s appointment challenged
Qamar Abbas, the petitioner, has pleaded the court to declare this appointment null and void.
The petitioner claimed that Saeed Ahmed’s appointment was made illegally and was based on political interests and nepotism.
The government appointed Saeed Ahmad as President of National Bank of Pakistan in March this year. He was previously serving as deputy governor of the State Bank of Pakistan.
The Ministry of Finance, earlier, issued the formal notification of appointing Saeed Ahmad as NBP president. He resigned from his post of deputy governor of State Bank which he was holding since January 21, 2014.
PTI Chairman Imran Khan in the past had levelled serious allegations against Saeed Ahmad of money laundering for Nawaz Sharif.
- Maryam Nawaz wants Bani Gala raided to recover 'missing cypher' from ...07:51 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan in top 10 as ICC releases latest Women's T20I rankings07:28 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Ex-PM Imran Khan faces arrest after warrants issued06:47 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: Shaun Tait’s hilarious reaction after Pakistan defeat goes ...06:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Sabeeka Imam's new bold photos set internet on fire05:17 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'Javed Iqbal: The Untold Story Of A Serial Killer' selected for DC ...04:14 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022