PM Imran announces withdrawal of 5% duty on news print
The prime minister said the government wants to lessen problems of the common man. Special emphasis is being laid on education, health and social sector, he added.
He said the government is in contact with friendly countries to overcome economic problems of Pakistan.
PM Khan said the government fully believes in freedom of expression and also welcomes constructive criticism. However, he said, the media should demonstrate responsibility.
The prime minister announced withdrawal of five percent duty on news print, adding that the government will support the media industry and solve its problems.
- 'It was a difficult time for us, especially Zara!' Asad Siddiqui ...10:10 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan to open U19 World Cup campaign with match against Zimbabwe09:35 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan asks world to hold India accountable for 'brute use of ...08:55 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- PM aide claims Shehbaz Sharif seeking 'deal for four people'08:15 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Genocide Watch warns of impending genocide in Modi's India07:34 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Anushka Sharma pens emotional note for Virat Kohli as he steps down ...06:13 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Coke Studio 14: Abida Parveen and Naseebo Lal’s warm interaction ...05:30 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Hareem Farooq’s latest photos leave fans stunned04:44 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021