976th annual Urs of Data Gunj Bakhsh begins on Friday
Punjab Governor Chaudhry Muhammad Sarwar and Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar will inaugurate the Urs celebrations while performing traditional chador on the grave of the great Sufi saint. Punjab Minister for Auqaf Pir Syed Saeedul Hassain Shah, ministers, MNAs, MPAs, Auqaf secretary and other officials and a large number of devotees will also present on the occasion.
Sources said that Auqaf Department had allocated Rs 10 million for holding the Urs celebrations and lunger in the best manner. About 500 Mashaikh, religious scholars and Na'at Khawans had been invited for spiritual gathering. Also 200 spiritual leaders from Pakistan and India are participating in the Urs.
Regarding security arrangements, the minister said that 103 closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras had been installed and 2,000 policemen deputed to ensure security of visitors under the supervision of three SPs. Eleven walk-through gates and 36 metal detectors had been provided for checking visitors at entrance to the shrine. The bomb disposal squad will remain alert during the Urs.
As many as 450 volunteers and 45 security guards of Auqaf Department will perform duty to provide protection to the visitors. The department had installed cameras on the premises of shrine to monitor the Urs celebrations.
Camp offices of Wapda, Wasa, Civil Defence and first aid have also been established to facilitate pilgrims. Rescue 1122 staff besides five ambulances and motorcycle rescue will remain high alert during Urs.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020