Pakistanis react to deadly Makran Coastal Highway bus attack
LAHORE - Fourteen passengers were forced to offload from a bus on Makran Coastal Highway in Balochistan's Ormara area and shot dead by unidentified gunmen early on Thursday.
Pakistan Navy personnel were among the martyred in the attack , which took place near Bozi Top, a Pakistan Navy spokesperson said. The attackers, who numbered around two dozen, were wearing camouflage uniforms, provincial home secretary Haider Ali told AFP.
Navy personnel among 14 passengers shot dead on ... 09:30 AM | 18 Apr, 2019
MAKRAN – Unidentified miscreants shot dead at least 14 passengers after offloading them from a passenger bus on ...
They "stopped buses on the Makran Coastal Highway and gunned down 14 people", he said, adding that the four vehicles were travelling to Karachi from the coastal town of Ormara.
The bodies were shifted to a nearby health facility in Ormara. The attack came less than a week after 21 people, including eight Hazara, were killed and 48 others injured in a suicide blast in Quetta 's Hazarganji sabzi mandi.
People are expressing their sympathies with the families of the victims on Twitter:
ہزارہ پر حملہ، پھرحیات آباد میں TTP اور پھر آج کوسٹل ہائ وے کا بہیمانہ واقعہ۔۔ ایک منظم پیٹرن نظرآرہا ہے، ہم نے امن کیلئے بہت قربانی دی ہے، انشااللہْ ہم ان واقعات کےذمہ داران کو مثال عبرت بنا دیں گے، ہم نے دہشتگردی کی جنگ میں بڑی کامیابیاں حاصل کی ہیںلیکن جنگ ابھی ختم نہیں ہوئ— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) April 18, 2019
I strongly condemn the killing of 14 passengers on the Makran coastal highway. This is an attack on the sovereignty of Pakistan and an attempt to sabotage efforts of prosperity in Balochistan. My heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims.— Usman Buzdar (@UsmanAKBuzdar) April 18, 2019
Devastated about the brutal murder of 14 passengers on #Makran Coastal Highway. This is an heinous act of terrorism. My thoughts & prayers for the victim's families. It is a conspiracy to create hurdles in development of #Balochistan.#Ormara #Gwadar #Quetta— Mohammad Sarwar (@ChMSarwar) April 18, 2019
#Makran coastal— Rafay Mahmood (@Rafay_Mahmood) April 18, 2019
highway attack - thread
This is not the second time, this is at least the fifth time I am getting to hear the same script of a 'Shanakht parade'. The NICS are checked and people are gunned down due to a different surname or a birth place.https://t.co/WQd4EBMUYC
Our prayers and condolences with those affected and their families.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019