Key witness in NAB case against Zardari dies of cardiac arrest
RAWALPINDI – A key witness in the fake accounts case against former President Asif Ali Zardari has passed away due to cardiac arrest.
Aslam Masood was undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Rawalpindi, where he died due to cardiac arrest. Masood had become an approver in the money-laundering case filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) against Asif Zardari and her sister Faryal Talpur.
The superintendent of Adiala Jail has also submitted a report of Masood’s death to the accountability court. The report stated that the key witness was admitted to the hospital on February 20, 2019.
Masood, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Omni Group, was arrested through Interpol when he was boarding a flight from London to Jeddah in October 2018. He was subsequently extradited to Pakistan from Saudi Arabia in February 2019.
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PAMI elects Prof Dr. Chaudhry Abdul Rehman as new president08:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif finally joins Twitter to stay connected with Pakistanis07:53 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- US Supreme Court Justice Ruth dies at 8707:42 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Three public, private schools sealed in Punjab after coronavirus ...07:21 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020