CM KPK's statement on Malam Jabba land case unsatisfactory, NAB contradicts Mehmood Khan
According to a communique issued by the bureau on Tuesday , Mehmood Khan was not given any clean chit in the case.
The accountability watchdog also termed CM Khan's statement recorded with a combined investigation team (CIT) 'unsatisfactory.'
A NAB spokesman said the KP chief minister could be summoned any time in accordance with the law.
Mehmood Khan appeared before the NAB officials in Peshawar on Monday and in interaction with newsmen, he had claimed that the anti-graft body had given him 'clean chit' in the case.
According to sources, the anti-graft body had also summoned senior minister Atif Khan on December 14th, however, he was outside the country and did not show up; he is likely to appear before the bureau on Wednesday.
The probe relates to a lease of land located in the serene Malam Jabba valley of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, a tourist attraction in Swat district.
The KP government was alleged to have illegally leased 275 acres of land which belonged to the provincial forest department.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa CM appears before NAB in Malam ... 01:01 PM | 17 Dec, 2018
PESHAWAR – Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Mehmood Khan on Monday appeared before the National Accountability ...
According to media reports, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf-led government was to lease a mere 17-acre patch, however, instead it allegedly gave 275-acre land to a private company on lease for 33 years, violating the rules and regulations.
The NAB had launched an inquiry into the matter on the instructions of its chairman Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal.
According to Shaukat Yousafzai, the Information Minister for KP government, Mehmood Khan was not an accused in the case.
'No corruption has been committed in the case,' he asserted in an interview with a private TV channel.
Yousafzai expressed that the government would fully support NAB in its ongoing probe.
'The chief minister has not barred from appearing before NAB,' the minister observed.
- Aibak Polo Cup: Finals tomorrow11:59 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- 6th Sheheryar Malik Memorial Pakistan Open Tennis Championship: ...11:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Azerbaijan allows tax-free import of Pakistani rice for five years11:37 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Punjab IT minister urges SBP to reverse its decision to suspend DCB ...10:34 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Veteran writer Mustansar Hussain Tarar hospitalised with chest pain10:02 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Tariq Teddy’s family gets Rs3 million cheque06:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Adnan Siddiqui asks Sajal Aly not to 'stoke unnecessary controversy' ...06:36 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Watch - Shehnaaz Gill wins hearts for consoling a weeping fan04:15 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022