Curfew lifted in North Waziristan after nine days
The decision was taken in a meeting attended by officials of the district administration, senior military officers and elders of the area, officials said.
Curfew was imposed in areas along Miramshah and Datakhel road, Macha Madakhel and Kharqamar check post after an attack on security forces by an improvised explosive device ((IED) in Doga Macha Madakhel.
A contingent of the army’s Quick Response Force was patrolling the area when the IED struck a vehicle, leaving a major, a lieutenant colonel and a soldier martyred besides injuring four others.
After the curfew was lifted, people came out of their houses and headed to markets to purchase essentials.
Qaumi Watan Party (QWP) Chairman Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao had asked the provincial government on Sunday to lift the curfew.
- Pakistan, India face off in first Olympic event final in 53 years11:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Travellers vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac allowed to enter Saudi ...11:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- INS Vikrant: India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea ...10:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?10:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021