PM Imran Khan to attend 74th UNGA session in New York
“Pakistan's brief delegation will comprise the Prime Minister and the Foreign Minister to avoid burden on national exchequer,” Special Assistant to PM on Information Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan said at a media briefing following the cabinet meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan.
Awan said during the official visit to UNGA, the PM and the FM, unlike their predecessors, would not stay at the seven-star luxurious hotels, but at the residence of the Ambassador or Consul General at the embassy.
She said the decision was in line with the spirit of austerity to save public money and divert it towards the betterment of people.
She recalled that family members of a former prime minister attended in private capacity, the official events including UNGA, which was totally an unjustified act.
PM Imran Khan will address the 74th UNGA session for the first time since he assumed office in August 2018. Earlier, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi had represented the country at the 73rd session last September.
- PM Imran to answer public's questions via phone today09:58 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:42 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- COVID-19: Pakistan reports over 5,000 daily cases for first time ...09:15 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 01 August 202108:43 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Twitter rejoices as Pakistani man's 'wallet return' mission ends ...09:45 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Indian actor Nandita Dutta arrested for running 'porn racket'09:21 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021