PTI submits funding details to ECP
ISLAMABAD - The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) paying heed to repeated warnings on Monday submitted financial details of the party from 2010 to 2017 to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) in the foreign funding case.
A five-member bench, headed by the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Justice (retired) Sardar Muhammad Raza Khan heard the case after giving PTI the last chance to submit details in the last hearing.
The ECP has adjourned hearing of the case till October 16.
PTI's counsel Saqlain Haider appeared before the bench and submitted the documents, and reminded the members of an observation made by the Islamabad High Court (IHC) that details will not be shared with anyone.
At the time of submission, the counsel asked for a receipt against the receiving of the documents, after which the CEC refused it.
A founding member of PTI, Akbar S Babar, who is the petitioner in the case, while talking to media outside the ECP said that PTI had submitted fake and incomplete documents.
During the last hearing on September 11, the election body had given last chance to the party for submitting the documents. The body had warned that the petition filed against it would be taken as fact if the party fails to submit funding details.
Earlier, the PTI had been ordered three times by the ECP to submit details but it did not produce them. The party had been issued warnings on December 1, 2016, May 8 and 18 of this year for submitting details.
In 2014, Babar moved the ECP to disqualify PTI Chairman Imran Khan for allegedly taking funds from illegal sources and irregularities in the bank accounts of the party.
He also accused Imran of using illegal channels to transfer $3 million, funds collected by PTI chief, from the Middle East to PTI members' accounts.
- Students of grade 1-12 will be promoted without taking exams: Sindh ...10:52 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020