PPP's Khursheed Shah arrested by NAB for making assets beyond means
ISLAMABAD – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Wednesday took Pakistan Peoples Party's senior leader and former Opposition Leader in National Assembly Syed Khurshid Shah for making assets beyond means.
Sources in the anti-corruption watchdog said that an investigation was initiated against the PPP leader last month (August 7).
"NAB Sukkur has arrested Syed Khursheed Shah in the assets beyond means case," a brief handwritten statement issued by NAB Islamabad said.
Shah, who was taken away by nearly 20 personnel of NAB and police during a raid at his Islamabad residence, will be presented before the relevant accountability court in Sukkur for remand tomorrow, the press release added.
This is a developing story and will be updated soon.
- Fascist policies of Modi biggest threat to regional peace, says PM ...10:34 AM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran to reach Lahore on a day long visit on Sunday08:45 AM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran urges Pakistanis to come out in support of Kashmiris on Feb 508:19 AM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PM Khan terms change in UK travel advice great news for Pakistan11:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- A Smartphone that Brings Affordability & Reliability for Everyone – ...10:55 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019