Is Sonu Nigam doing publicity stunt? Journalist exposes baseless claim about disturbance by Azaan
But to everyone's surprise, they found that the sound of Azaan does not reach the singer's residence in Versova, suggesting that his complaint lacks authenticity.
The journalists kept on waiting well after the usual timings for Fajar (Morning prayer) Azaan, but did not hear anything from any nearby mosques.
In fact, a religious seminary by the name of 'Taleem ul Quran' that is located at a distance of half a kilometre away from his residence, calls Fajar prayer Azaan at around 5.20 AM, but even this cannot be heard from Sonu's house.
The administrator of the seminary stated that Sonu moved to the area almost four years ago, but their mosque has been around for the past 35 years, adding that they have never received any complaint from anyone before.
"This is a publicity stunt," alleged the administrator.
There are two other seminaries which are also located to the right of Sonu's home but one of them has no loudspeaker while the other one is located so far away that there is very little chance of the Azaan disturbing the singer.
A local, Ghulam, stated in an interview that Sonu Nigam once used to sing throughout the night during the Hindu ritual of 'Jagran', suggesting that his anti-Azaan tweet was rather hypocritical. He further claimed that this was a desperate attempt by the singer to remain in the spotlight, after being overtaken by other upcoming singers in Bollywood.
The journalist who investigated the distance between the mosques in the vicinity of Sonu's house also held a conversation with Lata Sachadya, Sonu Nigam's neighbour, who also said that she had never heard the Azaan during her entire life.
This was further corroborated by Karan Wasan, another neighbour.
On his Twitter handle, he posted, “God bless everyone. I am not a Muslim and I have to be woken up by the Azaan in the morning. When will this forced religiousness end in India.”
- PM Imran Khan launches Nandana Fort as heritage site tomorrow11:59 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- David Rose Caught Lying By Pakistani Reporters11:22 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Karachi man who orchestrated 'revenge rape' attack detained10:42 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 10 – Peshawar Zalmi beat Islamabad United by 6 ...10:16 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Bilal Saeed's 'Baari' crosses 100 million views milestone on Youtube08:56 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- 'Chaar Darkht' – Ali Gul Pir trolls India in #FantasticTeaDay video05:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021