Amitabh Bachchan refuses to address Kathua rape incident on grounds that he is "too disgusted"
Among the many protesters, Bollywood celebrities have been at the forefront of this movement, speaking out passionately against the abhorrent crime.
However, according to a report by The Hindustan Times, the veteran Bollywood actor, Amitabh Bachan has refused to address the issue at a recent song launch of his upcoming film, 102 Not Out. "Disgusted" by the entire incident, Mr. Bachchan asked media to not take up this issue.
The 75-year-old actor who is also the ambassador of the Indian government's “Beti Bachao-Beti Padao” campaign said, “Mujhe uss vishay par charcha karne mein ghinn aati hai. So uss vishay ko uchhalo mat (I feel disgusted even talking about it. So, don’t rake up this issue). It’s terrible to even talk about it."
- PM Imran Khan to address nation today03:06 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- FM Qureshi arrives in Abu Dhabi, expected to meet his UAE counterpart02:59 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- AirBlue surprises passengers with huge cut in domestic flight fares02:32 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Marry, divorce, remarry’ – Man weds same woman four times for ...02:20 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman welcomes baby boy01:46 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021