Govt mulls filing disqualification reference against Asif Zardari
Information Minister, Fawad Chaudhry revealed on Wednesday that the former president owns an apartment in Manhattan, United States of America (USA) but did not mention it in his nomination papers before the Election Commission of Pakistan.
Talking to newsmen, Fawad Chaudhry said Asif Zardari does not fulfill the criteria set for being a lawmaker as he has violated a law by hiding his offshore assets.
He confirmed that a reference shall be filed against Zardari, for which PTI leader Khuram Sher Zaman will be completing the formalities.
The lawmaker expressed that Asif Zardari did not declare his USA apartments in nomination papers for contesting elections, in violation of Article 62 and 63 of the Constitution.
Fawad Chaudhry said that Government had given a free hand to all institutions for indiscriminate treatment with all.
'Asif Zardari has contested his last election,' Chaudry vowed.
Reacting to the development, Pakistan Peoples Party Leader Murtaza Wahab expressed that there was no truth to the allegations leveled by Fawad Chaudhry.
'This is just a face-saving by the government as it did not find anything against Asif Zardari in the JIT report regarding the Money laundering probe,' Wahab expressed.
- Japan pledges nearly $39 million in assistance for Pakistan’s flood ...11:18 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Bangladesh stun India to clinch ODI series10:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Afghan Taliban publicly execute man for the first time since ...10:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Fire guts scores of stalls in Islamabad’s Sunday market09:44 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- PM's son Suleman Shehbaz set to return home after four years in ...09:26 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Newlyweds Azlan Shah and Warisha Khan share their beautiful love story09:00 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- ‘The Legend of Maula Jatt’ becomes Google’s most searched movie ...06:38 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Hira Mani slays fashion goals with friends in latest video07:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022