Govt mulls filing disqualification reference against Asif Zardari
Information Minister, Fawad Chaudhry revealed on Wednesday that the former president owns an apartment in Manhattan, United States of America (USA) but did not mention it in his nomination papers before the Election Commission of Pakistan.
Talking to newsmen, Fawad Chaudhry said Asif Zardari does not fulfill the criteria set for being a lawmaker as he has violated a law by hiding his offshore assets.
He confirmed that a reference shall be filed against Zardari, for which PTI leader Khuram Sher Zaman will be completing the formalities.
The lawmaker expressed that Asif Zardari did not declare his USA apartments in nomination papers for contesting elections, in violation of Article 62 and 63 of the Constitution.
Fawad Chaudhry said that Government had given a free hand to all institutions for indiscriminate treatment with all.
'Asif Zardari has contested his last election,' Chaudry vowed.
Reacting to the development, Pakistan Peoples Party Leader Murtaza Wahab expressed that there was no truth to the allegations leveled by Fawad Chaudhry.
'This is just a face-saving by the government as it did not find anything against Asif Zardari in the JIT report regarding the Money laundering probe,' Wahab expressed.
- Kamyab Jawan and PepsiCo sign up to offer Pakistan’s largest ...03:31 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan hit by Covid vaccine shortage amid ‘lack of coordination, ...02:21 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- 'No jab, no job' – Sindh announces to fire public, private ...01:47 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran shares a throwback childhood photo with family05:30 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021