5,800 trials decided through model courts in 48 days: CJP Khosa
He was addressing a session on orientation on expeditious justice initiative for judges of additional Model Criminal Trial Courts in Islamabad on Wednesday.
CJP Khosa said the basic objective behind establishing Model Courts is to provide inexpensive and expeditious justice to the masses. He announced to add one more judge to every district and within a few months there will model courts in the entire country.
The chief justice said that there will be no justice unless there will be a truthful evidence. He said any witness, who makes a false testimony will be rejected.
He said the idea of Model Courts was first started in four districts, which was further expanded to seven districts. He said six districts have zero pendency of murder and narcotics cases, while ten districts will be added next month. "We will expand this to other offences," he added.
The CJP said that national judicial policymaking committee is meeting next Monday and it is on agenda to now move to civil side. He said civil, family, rent, and magistrate model courts are being launched simultaneously.
Orientation Session on EXPEDITIOUS JUSTICE INITIATIVE
Road-map to Time-Bound Criminal Trial Regime held at Federal Judicial Academy on June 19, 2019. Hon'ble Mr. Justice Asif Saeed Khan Khosa, Chief Justice of Pakistan/Chairman BoG, FJA addressed the participants. pic.twitter.com/P1A7TouwJV— Federal Judicial Academy, Islamabad - Pakistan (@FJAIslamabad) June 19, 2019
He also announced to establish gender based violence courts and child courts. He said there will be at least one such court in any district to facilitate women, where they can go and speak tell their problems.
"We are going to have one thousand and sixteen gender based violence courts across Pakistan. Similarly, we are going to have child courts in every districts of the country to address children's problems," he further said.
The CJP informed that courtroom has been specially designed, which will look like a home, where children can speak their heart without any fear.
Asif Saeed Khosa said that the Supreme Court of Pakistan is the first apex court in the entire world, which has started hearing cases online. He said a state of the art Research Center has been established at the Supreme Court, where five to six search engines will be installed to facilitate the legal fraternity and researchers.
- Peshawar boy, accused of 'sextorting’ US girl, also hacked Snapchat ...01:46 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pink Ribbon set to augment Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct12:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Eight ‘terrorists’ planning attacks arrested in Punjab12:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- FM Qureshi apprises UN president, secretary general about human ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video takes internet by storm03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021