PSL 2021 – Islamabad United defeat Multan Sultans by 4 wickets
ABU DHABI – Islamabad United Saturday registered a four-wicket win over Multan Sultans in the 30th and final pool match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) season six.
United, who managed to get the top spot in the PSL table, chased down the target of 150 in the last over with five wickets to spare.
Shadab Khan-led Islamabad United bowled out Multan Sultans for 149 regardless of a strong 93-runs opening partnership.
Sultans’ openers Shan Masood and Mohammad Rizwan stood firm at the crease and scored 93 runs after United’s opted to field first. Masood scored his second fifty in PSL, scoring 59 off 37 balls laced with six boundaries and three sixes while right-handed batsman Rizwan made 26 with the help of four boundaries.
And we have won!@MultanSultans fought well but at the end #RedHotSquad🦁 sealed another victory.— Islamabad United (@IsbUnited) June 19, 2021
Your #Sherus finish the league stage at the🔝 with 16 points.
We will be back in action for the Qualifier on Monday🔥#MSvIU #UnitedWeWin #RangJeetKaLaalHai #HBLPSL6 pic.twitter.com/AQvkXjbG2E
After the departure of opening players, Sultans faced pressure as United got rid of their middle-order batting. Sohaib Maqsood and Johnson Charles were the only two other batters who entered double figures.
Meanwhile, Mohammad Waseem bagged four wickets while Fawad Ahmed and Faheem Ashraf took two wickets each. Shadab Khan and Iftikhar Ahmed also shared a wicket apiece.
Chasing a target of 150 runs, Muhammad Akhlaq opened the innings and scored 26 off 15 balls, powered by three fours and two sixes. Shahnawaz Dahani then sent Akhlaq to the pavilion.
Captain Shadab Khan came to bat at number three and stroked two boundaries to pacer Mohammad Umar before smashing a six on the last ball of the sixth over.
Later, Dahani removed Umar Amin for 13 in his second over but Shadab continued to push the score. He was later trapped for lbw by Umar for 35 in the 12th over.
Blessing Muzarabani then took Talat, who scored 34 in the final over. In the end, Iftikhar Ahmed hit the winning runs to take United over the finish line.
Multan Sultans: Mohammad Rizwan (c), Asif Afridi, Hammad Azam, Imran Tahir, Imran Khan Snr, Johnson Charles, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Umar, Blessing Muzarabani, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Rilee Rossouw, Shahnawaz Dhani, Shan Masood, Shimron Hetmyer (partially available), Sohaib Maqsood, Sohaibullah, Sohail Khan, Sohail Tanvir, Usman Qadir and Muhammad Waseem
Islamabad United: Shadab Khan (c), Ahmed Saifi Abdullah, Ali Khan, Akif Javed, Asif Ali, Brandon King, Colin Munro, Fawad Ahmed, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Hussain Talat, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Mohammad Akhlaq, Musa Khan, Rohail Nazir, Umar Amin, Usman Khawaja, Zafar Gohar and Zeeshan Zameer
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Why is Turkey offering to protect Kabul airport after US troop ...11:35 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows foreign tourists after 17-month Covid lockdown11:07 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Sindh delays board exams amid spike in Covid cases10:10 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Asim Azhar performs soulful rendition of Janam Fida-e-Haideri06:30 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021