Guptill hits World Cup record score
The opener's total surpassed the previous World Cup best of 215 made by the West Indies' Chris Gayle against Zimbabwe at Canberra last month.
Guptill, dropped on four by Marlon Samuels, faced 163 balls including 24 fours and 11 sixes.
His innings was also the second-highest individual score in the 3,643 match history of all one-day internationals, behind Rohit Sharma's 264 for India against Sri Lanka at Kolkata last year.
It was also just the sixth double century in an ODI, as Guptill became the fifth batsman to reach the landmark -- Sharma has two one-day international double centuries to his credit.
Guptill's innings also saw him break his own record for the highest ODI score by a New Zealander, which had stood at 189 not out and was set against England at Southampton in 2013.
Highest individual one-day international scores (score, player, team, opposition, venue, year):
264 Rohit Sharma IND v SRI Kolkata 2014
237 no Martin Guptill NZL v WIS Wellington 2015
219 Virender Sehwag IND v WIS Indore 2011
215 Chris Gayle WIS v ZIM Canberra 2015
209 Rohit Sharma IND v AUS Bangalore 2013
200 Sachin Tendulkar IND v RSA Gwalior 2010
- PSL 2021 — Islamabad United and Multan Sultans to fight it out ...08:18 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Matric students to prepare board exams through Exam Prep Master ...05:49 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas lands in hot waters after latest photoshoot04:06 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021