Punjab declares health emergency to cope with Coronavirus
LAHORE – The Punjab government has declared health emergency in the province to cope with Coronavirus.
Addressing a function in Multan, Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar said that the provincial government had initially allocated 236 million rupees and a commitment of another one billion rupees has been made to control the virus.
He said a fund of five billion rupees will be established to contain the pandemic.
He said tourists have been banned from visiting Murree and other recreational places in the province, however, he made it clear that pharmacies, grocery shops, and vegetable markets will remain open.
Sardar Usman Buzdar said isolation centers in Muzaffargarh, Lahore and Rawalpindi will be set-up.
The Punjab chief minister also announced to establish a field hospital with a capacity of one thousand beds to treat the Corona patients.
- Coronavirus — German Embassy makes announcement for Pakistanis ...06:51 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- AIDS patients being provided free treatment, Pakistan parliament told06:32 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020