Yao Jing replaces Sun Weidong as new Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan
Jing - who has served as envoy to Afghanistan - will soon assume his new assignment. He has also served as Minister Counsellor in India from 2013-2015.
He will replace Mr. Sun Weidong who is paying farewell calls before winding up of his term in the country.
Mr. Weidong has a momentous contribution in forging bilateral ties between the two countries. It would not be an exaggeration to say that the outgoing Ambassador is one of the architects of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and its successful implementation.
The Chinese ministry of foreign affairs statement added that "China and Pakistan are all-weather strategic partners and have always been maintaining good friendly relations".
"China accords importance to its diplomatic relations with Pakistan," it added.
Mr. Ying's appointment will further strengthen bilateral cooperation under China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) framework, according to the ministry.
- Pakistan reduces import of Ozone depleting substances to 50pc11:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Khobragade's posting at Indian HC incommensurate with Pakistan's ...11:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020