IG Sindh replaces Rao Anwar with Javed Akbar as SSP Malir
The post was lying vacant after Rao Anwar was suspended on the orders of Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah following the arrest of MQM leader Khawaja Izhar Ul Hassan on Friday. Izhar was released the same day after intervention from top civil leadership.
A notification regarding Javed Akbar’s appointment has been issued. Previously, Akbar was performing his duties at special branch, Dunya News reported.
Earlier today, Rao Anwar filed a petition against his suspension in the Sindh High Court (SHC). Rao Anwar has termed his suspension ‘unlawful’ and requested the court to issue directives regarding his reinstatement on the post.
According to media reports, Javed holds a good reputation among his fraternity and is deemed honest.
- Karachi cops arrested for releasing Nigerian smugglers05:08 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Snow leopard who fell from Chitral hill succumbs to injuries04:23 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Justin Bieber celebrates 27th birthday03:25 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Virat Kohli crosses 100 million followers milestone on Instagram04:00 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021