Court orders arrest of Pervez Musharraf in Abdul Rashid Ghazi murder case
Musharraf’s counsel did not appear in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Abdul Qadir Memon, prompting the judge to reject the former president’s exemption plea.
Musharraf’s counsel later appeared and pleaded exemption for his client, but by the time the judge had issued his non-bailable arrest warrants.
The counsel said that he would challenge the order in a high court.
Abdul Rashid Ghazi was killed during an army operation on Laal Masjid in July 2011. The operation resulted in 154 deaths, and 50 militants were captured.
The Siege of Lal Masjid, code-named Operation Sunrise, was a confrontation in July 2007 between Islamic fundamentalist militants and the Government of Pakistan, led by President Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz.
Of the 164 SSG Army commandos that participated in the siege and later assault of the mosque, 10 died and 33 were wounded.
- Islamabad United's Hassan Ali opts to stay for the remainder of PSL 601:45 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Sindh to announce budget worth Rs1.3 trillion tomorrow01:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Watch - Saudi Arabia introduces robots to distribute Zamzam water at ...12:28 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 30-year-old Gujranwala man chopped to pieces for asking girl’s hand ...12:06 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Middle schools in KP closed for summer vacations till further notice11:36 AM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021