Ex-PM’s son survives gun attack in Multan
MULTAN - Police in southern Punjab have arrested two suspects after a convoy of Ali Musa Gilani, son of former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, was attacked by unknown assailants in his hometown last night.
“Two assailants are arrested and further investigation is underway,” Punjab Inspector General Police (IGP) Dr Syed Kaleem Imam told the media.
According to details, unknown assailants opened fire on the election rally of Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) near Multan’s Shah Rukn-e-Alam Colony. Ali Musa Gilani is contesting polls in NA-157 (earlier NA-148) in the upcoming general elections.
No casualties were, however, reported in the incident.
After three years, kidnapped Ali Haider Gilani ... 10:49 AM | 11 May, 2016
LAHORE (Staff Report) - Ali Haider Gilani, the kidnapped son of former Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, was ...
During the election campaign for the 2013 general elections, Ali Haider Gilani – another son of the former PM - was abducted and recovered after three years from Afghanistan.
The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has taken notice of the matter and issued directives for the provision of security to the PPP candidate.
Pakistan is set to hold general polls next Wednesday, July 25th.
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,483 confirmed ...10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020