Meesha Shafi just tweeted a brilliant idea for GoPro and the internet is losing it
Meesha Shafi and Ali Zafar fued is known to us all by now but all the drama toned down when the case was taken up by court. However things started to heat again as the release of Teefa in trouble, Ali Zafar’s new movie is set to hit the cinemas.
Hi brilliant folks at @gopro— MEESHA SHAFI (@itsmeeshashafi) July 19, 2018
For the betterment of all women everywhere, getting harassed with impunity, could you please develop a product they can strap to their bodies at all times to provide evidence, and call it #GropePro 🙏🏼 Thanks.
Protestors are seen outside of cinema’s to voice up against the alleged harassment done by Ali Zafar in Lahore and Karachi. Meesha Shafi took twitter and is pleading technological developers “GoPro” to make strapped cameras for women.
This will serve as an evidence later when women will take their cases to court as court requires a ‘proof’ to consider one guilty or innocent. Majorly faced issue by majority of the victims is that they don’t have enough ‘evidence’ to prove harassment which is bizarre as in such situations one can not hold back the predator and make evidence [most cases].
People are supporting her on this one:
#Gropepro sounds more like a device to aid the perpetrators. #justsaying. I would say an AI based app that can warn the victims of an impending attack would be super useful. But than again there are tons of kinds of harassment that go unnoticed, unchecked every day.— Blaxk Widow (@BlueCamel6) July 19, 2018
Others raised some important points:
So sad that this is what the world has come to, that women must go to such measures to protect themselves. However, this idea is superb!!!— Iqraa Jalil (@IqraaJalil) July 19, 2018
Some wanted to take situation in their own hand:
While other sent immense hate for such amazing idea:
And please also invent some device which alert women and girls when they are not wearing sufficient clothes... May be thsi can help them and save them from harrasment.— Rabia sabir (@rabiasabir97) July 19, 2018
There should be a law against false harassment accusations. Playing the victim without evidence witnesses is unacceptable. Conflict over contracts cannot be allowed to tarnish reputations.— Syed Najam Uddin (@syednajamuddin) July 19, 2018
Folks at gopro be alert..you nva know meesha charge you guys with harassment too.😂🤣— Fahad Habib (@fadii1234) July 19, 2018
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019