Iran claims to have foiled several bombings in Tehran, other cities
TEHRAN (News Desk) - Iranian National Security Council Secretary Ali Shamkhani has said that Islamic State militants are hatching terror plots against Iran, while claiming to have thwarted several planned bombings in Tehran and other cities.
Iran's state controlled news agency ISNA quoted Shamkhani as saying that a number of terror plots could have been executed in the coming days, had the planners and their facilitators not been arrested in a series of raids across the country.
He said that bombs and a large amount of explosives material was also recovered during the raids. The suicide bombings in Tehran and other cities were planned to take place during Ramzan, he added.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Punjab govt to celebrate Tiger Force Day on Aug 907:38 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020