Femina Miss India 2018: Tamil Nadu's girl Anukreethy Vas wins the crown
Anukreethy Vas, who was previously crowned Colours Femina Miss Tamil Nadu, beat 30 contestants to bag the top honour in front of a judges panel that included Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar, who awarded Anukreethy Vas her crown.
Meenakshi Chaudhary from Haryana was the first runner-up while Shreya Rao Kamavarapu from Andhra Pradesh secured the second runner-up position.
The judge's panel included cricketers Irfan Pathan and KL Rahul and Bollywood actors like Malaika Arora, Bobby Deol, and Kunal Kapoor.
The glamorous evening saw performances by stars like Madhuri Dixit, Kareena Kapoor, and Jacqueline Fernandez. Manushi Chhillar, along with Miss United Continents 2017 Sana Dua, and Miss Intercontinental 2017 Priyanka Kumari, crowned their respective successors.
This is the first time in the history of the Miss India beauty pageant that a girl from Tamil Nadu won the title.
Many Congratulations Ms Anukreethy Vas!
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Kohsar University in Murree05:20 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Shehbaz Sharif released on bail04:05 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021