Indian repeated provocations and LAC violations triggered fierce physical conflicts: China
BEIJING - China on Saturday said repeated Indian provocations and violations of Line of Actual Control (LAC) and commander-level agreement besides violent attack on negotiating Chinese officers and soldiers triggered fierce physical conflicts causing casualties.
Giving a step-by-step account of the Galwan clash in a series of tweets, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Zhao Lijian said for many years, the Chinese border troops had been patrolling and on duty in the Galwan region located on the Chinese side of the LAC in the west section of the China-India boundary.
He said since April, the Indian border troops had unilaterally and continuously built roads, bridges and other facilities at the LAC in Galwan Valley. Despite representations and protests on multiple occasions by China, India went even further to cross the LAC and made provocations.
Zhao Lijian said on May 6, Indian border troops crossed LAC, trespassed into China's territory, built fortification and barricades, which impeded the patrol of Chinese border troops. They deliberately made provocations in an attempt to unilaterally change the status quo of control and management, he added.
He said the Chinese border troops were compelled to take necessary measures to respond to the situation on the ground and strengthen management and control in the border areas.
China and India stayed in close communication through military and diplomatic channels to ease the situation.
However, he said in response to the strong demand of the Chinese side, India agreed to withdraw the personnel who crossed LAC and demolish the facilities, and so they did.
"India's front-line troops even violently attacked the Chinese officers and soldiers who went there for negotiation, thus triggering fierce physical conflicts and causing casualties," Zhao Lijian remarked.
- FIA nabs four allegedly working for international child pornography ...07:00 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- LGS faculty members booked over sexually harassing students06:29 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Muhammad Javed Ghani becomes FBR chairman06:06 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- PAF C-130 aircraft airlifts bodies of Sikh Yatrees from Lahore lands ...05:44 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Monsoon rains likely to strengthen in Sindh from Monday03:27 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I appeal the President to help the needy artists of Pakistan: Ali ...02:22 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020