Pakistan’s ex-foreign minister Sardar Aseff Ahmed dies in Lahore
LAHORE – Former foreign minister and seasoned politician Sardar Aseff Ahmed Ali died after a prolonged illness on Thursday night.
Ali, 82, took his last breath in Lahore and his funeral prayers will be held today after Friday prayers.
Hailing from Kasur district of Punjab province, the senior politician was elected to the National Assembly for four times. He hand distanced himself from politics due to his illness.
He served as foreign minister of Pakistan from 1993-to 96 during the tenure of late former prime minister Benazir Bhutto.
In 2008, Aseff Ahmdd Ali served as deputy chairman of planning. He parted ways with PPP in 2011 to join Imran Khan-led PTI.
Born in 1940, the former foreign minister received his early education from Lawrence College, Ghora Gali.
He got his higher studies from the Government College Lahore and St. John's College, Oxford.
Former Pakistan president Rafiq Tarar passes away 10:59 AM | 7 Mar, 2022
LAHORE - Former president of Pakistan Muhammad Rafiq Tarar died on Monday at the age of 92 after prolonged illness in ...
- Bette Nash becomes the oldest and longest-serving flight attendant09:07 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani-American lawyer Khizr Khan to receive top civil award in US08:44 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Sharmeen shares story of Indo-Pak partition scene she created for Ms ...08:16 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- England's Stuart Broad bowls the most expensive over in Test history07:54 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares stunning clicks from sister Aisha's dreamy ...05:49 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Ayesha Fazli finally breaks silence on Ali Zafar – Meesha Shafi ...07:11 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022