After Aleem Dar withdrawal: Wasim, Shoaib refuse to commentate in India-Africa series
According to report, the shocking development comes in wake of security concerns after the International Cricket Council (ICC) were forced to withdraw umpire Aleem Dar from the remaining matches in the ongoing India versus South Africa series.
However, Akram and Akhtar pulled out on their own and their was no pressure from anyone as it was about threat perception. Both of them will return to Pakistan on Friday.
The ICC made the decision following Monday's incident in Mumbai where Shiv Sena activists stormed the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) headquarters and threatened to prevent the umpire from standing in the fifth ODI on Sunday.
Aleem, a member of the Elite Panel of ICC Umpires, had officiated in the first three One-Day Internationals (ODIs) and was also scheduled to umpire in the fourth and fifth ODIs in Chennai and Mumbai on 22 and 25 October, respectively.
"Under the present circumstances, it will be unreasonable to expect from Aleem that he will be able to perform his duties to the best of his abilities. As such, he has been withdrawn and his replacement will be announced in due course," an ICC spokesman said.
- Pakistan imposes ban on entry from 15 countries as omicron fears grow09:49 AM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan logs 336 new Covid infections, 10 deaths in past 24 hours09:27 AM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 December 202108:43 AM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan rebuilds, ready to open famous Jain Temple in Lahore12:55 AM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Sara Ali Khan, Ranveer Singh win hearts with killer dance moves on ...05:15 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Hira Khan’s new dance video goes viral04:40 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars spotted dancing at celebrity wedding04:06 PM | 5 Dec, 2021