German bank sends $6 billion to US client accidentally!
A junior member of the investment bank's foreign exchange sales team made the error in June, the Bloomberg reported citing a person briefed on the situation.
The $6 billion was sent to a US hedge fund client and recovered one day later, and occurred after the employee used a "gross figure, rather than a net figure", according to the report.
The incident follows a series of scandals at the Frankfurt-based bank, which launched a major business and management shake-up this weekend.
Its two co-chief executives Anshu Jain and Juergen Fitschen resigned in June over missed profit targets and missteps, and were replaced by new co-CEO John Cryan.
The bank is mired in roughly 6,000 legal cases and received a record $2.5 billion fine in May for its role in rigging interest rates.
- Iran invites Pakistan to multilateral conference on Afghanistan10:36 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Zalmay Khalilzad, US envoy who brokered Afghan exit, resigns two ...10:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:48 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan records lowest daily Covid cases in over a year09:18 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 October 202108:48 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021