Govt to immediately clear Rs50 billion in circular debt
The decision has been taken after independent power producers (IPP) threatened that they would suspend power generation, local media reported.
The phase-wise payment would start from Monday after the Ashura holidays and the weekend.
On Monday, Rs34 billion will be paid to the Ministry of Power and the remaining Rs16 billion will be given at the end of next month.
The Rs50 billion have been taken as loan from eight banks.
Earlier, it emerged on media that previous PML-N govt passed on a gigantic circular debt of Rs1.148 trillion to the new government of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), which faces a bumpy road ahead.
- Pakistan reports highest daily coronavirus deaths in ten months09:19 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 14 April 202108:48 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Pakistan take on South Africa in 3rd T20I today08:00 AM | 14 Apr, 2021
- TLP-police clashes leave another cop dead, nearly 100 others injured ...11:22 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Alisha Gory explains how tattoos are a form of expressing your ...08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Mohammad Amir celebrates 29th birthday04:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021