Religious affairs minister asks Chinese envoy to soften restrictions on Xinjiang Muslims
During the meeting, bilateral relations and matters of mutual interest were also discussed.
“Pakistan’s friendship with China is above and beyond any political agenda, the roots of which lie deep within the people,” said Qadri.
Saying that China–Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is Pakistan’s national priority, he moved on to the pressing matter of the life of Muslims who are facing numerous restrictions in China’s Xinjiang province and demanded that they are provided relief and equality.
“The placement of restrictions increases the chances of an extremist viewpoint growing in reaction,” the minister told the Chinese ambassador, asserting that concrete steps need to be taken to weed out such mindsets and promote interfaith harmony instead.
VIDEO: Thousands of Muslims protest mosque ... 10:48 PM | 10 Aug, 2018
NINGXIA (China) - Thousands of Muslims have been gathering at a mosque in north-west China to protest its planned ...
The minister and ambassador also discussed talks between religious scholars belonging to Xinjiang and Pakistan. “The Chinese government is the bearer of Sufi and moderate thought and resolves to sort the differences between various religious groups,” said the Chinese ambassador.
He invited Qadri for a visit to China, a trip which the federal minister was glad to accept.
“Exchange of viewpoints between religious scholars of both countries is vital for better interfaith relations,” Xing said further, assuring Qadri that China will facilitate the visit of a Pakistani religious delegation to the Xinjiang province.
Ambassador Xing informed that currently 20 million Muslims living in China are enjoying complete freedom to practice their faith.
“Pakistan is an important representative of the Muslim world and we want to further strengthen Pak-China relations on an Islamic level,” he said.
“With Pakistan’s cooperation, China desires to work for the social development of the former Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) region and Afghan migrants,” he concluded, expressing his country’s interest in working with Pakistan to develop an educational curriculum for the Muslim community.
China ‘detaining over a million Muslims in ... 09:52 PM | 1 Sep, 2018
GENEVA/BEIJING - The United Nations has accused China of holding as many as a million Uighur and other Muslim people in ...
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021