SC takes up another plea seeking Imran Khan's disqualification
The petition was filed by Barrister Daniyal Chaudhry a year ago, however, a three-member bench has now been constituted to look into the case which will conduct its first hearing on Monday.
The bench headed by the chief justice Mian Saqib Nisar and comprising justice Umar Atta Bandial and justice Aijazul Ahsan will start hearing the case.
The petition seeks the disqualification of Imran Khan under Article 62,63 of the constitution on the premise that he 'concealed the facts' in his nomination papers.
Imran Khan narrowly escapes disqualification, ... 03:30 PM | 15 Dec, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Imran Khan narrowly escaped disqualification while his close confidante ...
The petitioner is a Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz member and contested against Awami Muslim League Chief, Sheikh Rasheed for NA-62 seat in July 25 polls, however, lost the seat.
Moreover, Danyal is the son of PML-N Senator Chaudhry Tanveer Ahmed Khan, who is considered close to former premier Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz.
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021