SC takes up another plea seeking Imran Khan's disqualification
The petition was filed by Barrister Daniyal Chaudhry a year ago, however, a three-member bench has now been constituted to look into the case which will conduct its first hearing on Monday.
The bench headed by the chief justice Mian Saqib Nisar and comprising justice Umar Atta Bandial and justice Aijazul Ahsan will start hearing the case.
The petition seeks the disqualification of Imran Khan under Article 62,63 of the constitution on the premise that he 'concealed the facts' in his nomination papers.
Imran Khan narrowly escapes disqualification, ... 03:30 PM | 15 Dec, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Imran Khan narrowly escaped disqualification while his close confidante ...
The petitioner is a Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz member and contested against Awami Muslim League Chief, Sheikh Rasheed for NA-62 seat in July 25 polls, however, lost the seat.
Moreover, Danyal is the son of PML-N Senator Chaudhry Tanveer Ahmed Khan, who is considered close to former premier Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz.
- Two Indian army pilots killed in helicopter crash in occupied Kashmir02:51 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Greek envoy meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s efforts for regional ...02:19 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Taliban spox heaps praise on PM Imran for peace efforts in Afghanistan01:56 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan mulls legal action against England, NZ cricket teams: Info ...01:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021