SC takes up another plea seeking Imran Khan's disqualification
The petition was filed by Barrister Daniyal Chaudhry a year ago, however, a three-member bench has now been constituted to look into the case which will conduct its first hearing on Monday.
The bench headed by the chief justice Mian Saqib Nisar and comprising justice Umar Atta Bandial and justice Aijazul Ahsan will start hearing the case.
The petition seeks the disqualification of Imran Khan under Article 62,63 of the constitution on the premise that he 'concealed the facts' in his nomination papers.
Imran Khan narrowly escapes disqualification, ... 03:30 PM | 15 Dec, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Imran Khan narrowly escaped disqualification while his close confidante ...
The petitioner is a Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz member and contested against Awami Muslim League Chief, Sheikh Rasheed for NA-62 seat in July 25 polls, however, lost the seat.
Moreover, Danyal is the son of PML-N Senator Chaudhry Tanveer Ahmed Khan, who is considered close to former premier Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz.
- 28 Pakistani prisoners repatriated from Saudi Arabia06:30 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- 'Cannot spend nights with Ziaullah Bangash!' Kohat woman accuses PTI ...06:17 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- UAE allows residents stranded in six countries including Pakistan to ...05:31 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Nora Fatehi stuns fans with alluring dance moves on ‘Disco ...05:04 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan jolts the internet with killer dance moves in saree ...04:09 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021