California woman breaks own steak-eating record
Competitive eater Molly Schuyler, a 124-pound mother of four, downed three 72-ounce steak dinners, which each came with a baked potato, a shrimp cocktail and a side salad, to take the top spot at the The Big Texan Steak Ranch's Big Texas Steak Challenge in Amarillo.
Schuyler downed two of the meals in less than 15 minutes last year, so the restaurant gathered four teams of two people to face off against Schuyler, who ate solo. Schuyler came in first, with a finish of less than 20 minutes.
"They would have had to eat their half in like four minutes," Schuyler told the Amarillo Globe-News of her competitors. "If you're not used to doing this, four minutes is hard."
The eatery said Schuyler set a world record last year when she finished her first steak dinner in 4 minutes, 58 seconds, and she broke her own record by finishing off her first meal in 4 minutes, 18 seconds.
"I come in thinking I'm going to fail, but you know if I win it's a lovely parting gift and that's cool. I also get free steak so I don't really lose," she told KFDA-TV.
Organisers of the competition said Schuyler's feat will be submitted to Guinness World Records.
- PSL 2021 – Peshawar Zalmi take on Quetta Gladiators tonight06:41 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia cancels Hajj for international pilgrims over COVID-19 ...06:11 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran hails 'historic' budget to beat climate change, reverse ...05:08 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021